Amounts California districts were allotted and spent in federal Covid aid

As of March 31,  California school districts and charter schools had spent $5 billion of the $13.5 billion of ESSER III, the last and largest allotment of the federal Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund. Congress mandated that at least 20% be spent on learning setbacks during the pandemic. The amounts allocated and spent are labeled below as Learning Loss. Districts and charter schools have wide discretion on spending the remaining 80%, labeled below as General. They must commit to spend all of the ESSER III funding by Sept. 30, 2024 and spend it by Jan. 1, 2025.

LEA Total Allocated Total Spent Pct Spent General Spent Pct Gen. Spent Learning Loss Spent Pct LL Spent

Read more:

Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top